Sunday, March 8, 2009

Valentine Tooth


Oh how we waited in anxious anticipation for this day to arrive. Aubrey finally, finally, finally lost a tooth! She would come home from school with a sad look of disapointment and report the next tooth lost at school. She was the very last one to loose a tooth in her 1st grade class. At the first sign of a wiggle, Aubrey worked and worked on loosening her tooth. Finally on Valentine's Night we were enjoying our family dinner dance. Such a wonderful evening, one that I think will become a tradition. We had a candle lit fondue dinner complete with sparkling cider and tablecloth. We all dressed in our finest clothes and then went downstairs for a dance to the kid's favorite High School Musical (or High Musical and Dalyn calls it) soundtrack. We were dancing away when we notice Aubrey's tooth hanging by a thread, or probably a root. So she decides to allow us to pull it. Brace yourself, clench the fists, shut the eyes oh here we..... it's out? We didn't even have to pull. It basically fell out into Dad's hands. Of course now Aubrey will report to anyone who she comes in contact with that she has a very special tooth "becuase it fell out on Valentine's day".

1 comment:

mom2girls said...

HI Misty! Somehow I found your blog :) Don't know if you remember me, but it's wonderful to see your beautiful family (four!)..I cannot believe Garrett & my Baylee are 9..I remember when they were just little babies together..take care! Colleen Torgerson