
Ok, so I have always enjoyed a culinary challenge, so here is my next adventure. Homemade Cheese. I would have never considered it a possibility until I read Barbara Kingsolver's book Animal Vegetable Miracle. She talks about growing and making as much of your own food as possible. This note already resonates with a tune I like to sing. I love the idea of knowing exactly what goes into my family's food and therefore, into their bodies. I love the idea of my kids knowing the work that is required for their sustenance to hit the table. I love the idea of spending time in the kitchen making things for the health and well-being of my family. Food is how I show my love. I so love my family and I so love food! Why not put a little more effort into both! Here is to my next undertaking. Of course this all comes when I am attempting to make my own bread, use my dried beans, and make more of my own cereal and possibly even yogurt. As I have to remind myself, something has to give in my life when I have taken on a new project. So come to my house for some yummy food, but please don't use my bathroom!

No comments:
Post a Comment