Garrett was the Star of the Week at Prairieview Elementary School in Mrs Jones 3rd Grade class. He put together a poster highlighting his life as well as a display of items that represent his interests. We were also able to show the slide show that we put together for his baptism last year. He was pretty proud of his DVD, the kids thought it was cool as well. The whole family came in to watch him report on his special life. He is a great kid. There is a funny story that goes with this picture. Look carefully at this picture and you will notice a sort of strained smile on his face. Garrett is the complete opposite of Aubrey when it comes to animals. He is more like his mom, animals are best viewed from a distance. He really wanted to include his pets on his picture posterboard but Sunny wouldn't hold still for a picture. Garrett had to pick her up! As were were attempting to get the picture I realized this was the first time Garrett had ever picked up Sunny. Aburey mauls her on a constant basis, but Garrett keeps his distance. So look closely and you will see this is a slightly strained smile.
I was so proud of my kids as we were in their classrooms. Mrs Jones said that Garrett was "a great kid, I wish I had a whole classroom full of him." and then Mrs Smith, Aubrey's teacher said, "when I have kids I will be calling you so I can have my kids turn out just like Aubrey." I told them both they were great kids from the get-go. I hope that I have had some influence, but I am not crazy enough to believe that their greatness is due to me or Scott. Most the time I just hope we don't mess them up too much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment