
A couple of months ago Aubrey leans over in fast and testimony meeting and tells me she wants to bear her testimony. I am a bit wary, thinking she doesn't fully understand what this means. I try to disuade her gently without discouraging the good intention but she is insistent. I tell her I won't be able to help her, she will have to do it all on her own. She is quite sure this is what she wants to do. So up we go to the stand, me a bit nervouse about what she will say. Once again she amazes me! She gets up as confident as can be and says "I know Jesus hears our prayers, because once when I broke my leg Garrett said a prayer for me, I love my family and Jesus is my Savior". What a sincere and honest testimony straight from the heart. What only our family knew was that the story she told about Garrett praying for her truly was a miracle. The night that Aubrey broke her leg Garrett came upstairs to wait for the fire truck and ambluance. He said a prayer that they would get here quickly and not get lost. When the truck got here the fireman commented to Scott how lucky they were to find the house so quickly because our house was so new it was not on the maps. He said how amazing it was that they made each turn exactly right and didn't have to turn around once. We had just shared this story in family home evening the Monday before testimony meeting. Aubrey really did have something to share and she listened to the Holy Ghost telling her to get up and share what she was feeling. Oh the lessons learned from our children. I am humbled and blessed every day to be a mother!
1 comment:
Pass the sugar, I want to eat up your precious little morsels. What sweet spirits they have. Oh, I missed my goal by ONE person....snap. =)
Post a Comment