This is one of those moments I live for as a mother. It was the first frost of the season and the kids were itching to get outside and explore what the recent cold did to our yard. They threy on some clothes and went exploring. A while later they came in with a few frozen bugs. Dalyn's pantomimed frozen bee was the best, should have gotten a picture of that one. They also showed me the frozen lady bug they found. Sure enough, she was dead as a doornail, or at least as frozen as one. But Aubrey the bug rescuer decided that she would love it back to health. So out come the canning jars and pound, pound, pound goes the hammer for holes in the top of the bugs nursing home. About three hours later Garrett and Aubrey look into the jar and start yelling, "she's alive, she's alive." No way I think but sure enough there is the lady bug limping around her jar. "Wow", I said, "she really is alive". "Oh," says Garrett, "it must have been the microwave that warmed her up." I laughed and laughed at that one! Upon closer look the lady bug was still alive, but one wing was a bit deformed and a leg was sort of jutting out to the side. But hey, it's good logic. Want to warm something up? Just stick it in the microwave for a radio active sauna.
Haunted Picture Frame Wall
5 years ago

2 comments:
Did they really stick it in the microwave?
Yes. When my mom said that if we put it in the microwave it could have blown up. I freaked out. Garrett
My mom really freaked out when we told her about the lady bug in the microwave. Aubrey
One of its legs were frozen still- Dalyn
Post a Comment