Nothing better than cousins to make a birthday great! Aspen Grove proved to be the perfect place to have a birthday for Garrett. His cousins wanted to kidnap him and take him to breakfast in his PJ's but he had a basketball game with Dad at 7 am so they decided to make him a sign and crown that he had to wear all day. They came to his game and cheered him on and then blindfolded him and led him to breakfast with the sign around his neck. He had lots of birthday wishes from strangers which was fun for him. Then he got to open his presents and eat ice cream at the creamery. The #1 present was the twister game that was a huge hit with the cousins. After Twister came dinner with the entire rooms singing him the Aspen Grove Birthday song. Garrett loved it. What a way to ring in double digets.
Even writing the number 10 makes my mother's heart ache. I love the relationship Garrett and I are establishing as he gets older. The conversations and activities we are able to have together just get better all the time. But I look back at the last 10 years and realize how much time has FLOWN! We are past the half way point and it seems like just yesterday he was born. I don't want to wish this time away. I want to see the light in his eyes and make him feel he is the most special 1o year old to me. I love my Garrett, he was my first, my buddy, my guinnea pig at times, my huge helper, my friend, my little Nephi, my go getter. I am so proud of you Garrett. I couldn't have asked for a better son. I am amazed by your leadership, your testimony, your desire to do what is right, your love of learning, your compassion for people, your love of your family. I love you bigger than the whole earth!

1 comment:
I can't believe he's 10 already!!! That's so crazy. I remember always wanting to take care of him when you guys came to visit. I will always have a special place for him in my heart since he was my first nephew. I loved him to bits! Still do. Happy birthday Garrett!
Post a Comment