Beautiful Blessing day! Mom and Dad Gundersen, Mom and Dad Springer and Tyler (Burton) Gundersen came in on Saturday November 1 for Layton's blessing. Mom was laid out on the couch recovering from the Mastitis and was praying that she would make it to the blessing the next day. Scott was the super husband and got the entire house ready for the expected guests while mom slept away the morning. Everyone arrived Saturday night and we had pizza and visited. The next morning mom felt miraculously better! Almost 100%, mom felt so very blessed and truly felt the presence of a Loving Heavenly Father who knew how important this day was for a mother! Scott gave a beautiful blessing. In it he said that Layton was blessed to be born into a family with the mom and dad and siblings who love him. He was blessed with health and a strong body to act for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He was blessed with a strong mind to learn wisdom in his youth, to be able to search the scriptures, to know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, to learn of the Gospel, and to be a strong servant of God. Layton was blessed with with the ability to learn obedience and to understand the blessings that come from prayer and living gospel principles. He was blessed to be an effective missionary who will carry the message and spirit of the gospel to the world. He was also blessed with a desire to serve a mission and to be married in the temple. He was asked to look to his mother as an example of a woman he should marry.
It was a wonderful blessing and I was reminded of the wonderful blessings that can come from living the gospel. Scott was sweating bullets during the blessing because Layton was crying throughout. Grandpa tried the binky but Layton promptly spit it out onto the floor. It was great having family in the circle along with Matthew Cudney, Aaron Powell, and Bishop Dodd, Bro Bingham and Mike Egan (the Bishopric). It was a beautiful day and we were so grateful for the quick trip everyone made to be there for Layton's special day.

1 comment:
What a handsome little boy. I'm glad that it was so special and sorry that we didn't come. I don't think I could have taken the trip =(. I LOVE your HAIR!!!!!!!!!!! You look fantastic =). I am glad you are coming for Thanksgiving but I thought we were coming up to see YOU. We owe you guys basically but I am just so excited to see you all and hold that AdOrAbLe smooshy of yours =). LOVE the picture of Layton looking at Don. Does he smile a ton?
Post a Comment