Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Best Little Brother in the Whole Wide World







There is nothing quite like a baby to bring an extra ounce of joy to a family. Dalyn has taken to his new little brother saying, "he is the best little brother in the whole wide world!" When asked why, he answered. "cuz he doesn't even take any of my toys away." Oh, just wait!


We also had a tremendous amount of love and support from family after Layton's birth. With the unexpected C-section and much more difficult recovery, help was not just a nice idea, it was a necessity. My wonderful mother and father came the first week and helped out a ton, not just with the laundry and dishes and countless other household tasks that don't stop even if mom does, but with love and support and lots of happy energy. Dad couldn't stand a week without Home Depot, so he got right on the project of constructing a "bridge" or ramp that helped us over the dirt leading to the kids school. What a guy! He had all the women in the neighborhood speechless with joy and amazement! Karen came after my parents left and put in tireless amounts of time and energy in getting the kids off to school, keeping up with the ever present laundry (does it ever stop?) and chores and keeping me company during the day. It was wonderful spending time with just her. We had the much loved opportunity to chat and catch up. Then Mindy came, with her happy enthusiasm and positive attitude she was a joy to have around. From her mopping the floor at 9 pm to singing the happy little working song from Enchanted to get the kids to clear the table, she was a wonderful addition to our home. I loved the time we had to chat and have some quiet moments to catch up as sisters without the immediate demands of motherhood distracting our attention. Then after Mindy left Mom came again. I really thought I would be able to handle it without one more week of help, but I was so wrong! I didn't want to ask for my mom to come, but boy was I glad when she offered her help! It was so nice to have her here once again. Life seemed to flow ever so much easier with her around. All in all I came away grateful for the support and love of family and wondering how anyone does it without! I feel so incredibly blessed and wonder what in the world I did to deserve the tremendous blessings I have been given.


No comments: