Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snuggle Time

My favorite time of the day (when I actually get down there, which is not often) is to lay with the kids and hear about their days. Each has their own personalities and questions and it's such a nice time to give them one on one attention. Dalyn will tell me every birthday party he wants for the next 10 years, while Aubrey asks me question after question about everything from the mechanics of childbirth to why we can't have another pet. Garrett is content to tell me everything that happened in the latest book he is reading or what is happening at school. Often I am too tired or just "done" for the day but I am always glad when I take the time to lay and down with my little ones. This time is so short and so precious, I need to remember!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love that. I can't wait till Kayson is ready to be done with telling me all he wants for Christmas. It's cute for SURE but I know he wants every ninja turtle known to man already =).

Tracy said...

Hey Mis! I'm so happy to have your blog linked to my blog now! I love that we can keep in touch in this way now. I love you and your family so much, and I love your outlook on life! Look forward to checking in often... love you!

Tracy said...

Misty Ann!! (is that right?) I know I just commented, but now I'm mad at you cause I just read through your blog and can't believe I haven't seen it before! Gosh, I LOVED reading about your family and wish I knew about it sooner - brat! hee hee. - SO glad I can follow it now though!