So, I have been trying to capture all the funny phrases my kids have been saying over the past few days so that I can record them for future giggles.
This evening: Aubrey (with Dalyn trailing behind) comes in and asks, "Mom, Octopusses are animals right"
Mom: "Yup, you're right" Aubrey gives smug look to Dalyn
Dalyn: "Nu Uh, they are not animals"
Mom: " So what are they Dalyn?"
Dalyn: "They are really bad guy swimming things"
We were driving the other day and I was listening to Dalyn and Aubrey's conversation in the back seat (gotta love those moments).
Dalyn: "Aubrey don't you really, really wish you were me"
Aubrey: "Yes, I really wish I could be you!"
Dalyn: (A bit surprised she agreed with him) "Why do you want to be me Aubrey?"
Aubrey: "Cuz then I don't ever have to have a baby in my tummy!"
Summer time visiting teaching appointments can be a bit taxing, especially when I totally forget that I am supposed to be there and have brought nothing interesting for the kids to do when I visit a home with no other kids their age! Yup, you guessed it, happened last week. So after a very BRIEF visit, with me intervening in several "discussions" between my kids and re-directing Aubrey from exploring the entire house (she just decides to take off looking to see if they have any sort of fun animals to play with) we end the visit with a prayer. I offer the prayer and ask that the women we visit will be able to "juggle" the many demands she has in her life at the moment. As we are leaving Garrett says to me..."Mom is she going to learn how to juggle?" We all got a good laugh and it was a learning opportunity for me to teach Garrett about analogy. I am glad he was listening!
Last Sunday Garrett's primary teacher Sis Batt came up to Scott and said, "Garrett sure made a funny comment in class today!" She asked the question, when does the Holy Ghost come and Garrett responded, "after lunch". They all got a good laugh at that one. So Scott told Garrett what the teacher had said and we all laughed at Garrett's "funny". That night after Garrett went to bed I heard him crying as if his heart would break. I asked him what was wrong and through broken sobs he said, "I wasn't meaning to be funny today". My hearted ached for my little misunderstood boy even as I tried to hide a small smile. "What did you mean to say?" I asked. He responded that the teacher had told them the Holy Ghost comes during our quiet times and then asked when would be a good time to have quiet time. Garrett responded, "after lunch" because that is always when we have nap time or quiet time. It all made perfect sense to him and I felt so bad for my little boy who felt he was being laughed at! Luckily Dad came in and when he heard the story he was able to make Garrett feel so much better by telling him that he gets laughed at all the time when he says things, even when he doesn't mean to be funny. Hooray for Daddy! Garrett's sniffles quieted and he was able to go to sleep knowing that he was just like Daddy, a great thing to be!
One more memory to record. The other day I again had the great opportunity to listen in on my boys as they were cleaning up their room. Dalyn was sad because he could not find a toy he was looking for. Garrett says, "Dalyn you know how you can find it? All you have to do is pray to Heavenly Father for help and he will help you to find your toy." That is what I love about having kids. They teach eachother so so much!
Haunted Picture Frame Wall
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment